Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry responds to rumours circulating on social media
Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence has issued a clarification on social media claims that a process of recording all telephone conversations, and storing and tracking data related to WhatsApp and Facebook accounts is currently underway.
Issuing a statement, the Defence Ministry said that it does not record such telephone conversations, store phone calls or monitor WhatsApp and Facebook accounts, and that such reports circulating on social media are completely false.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023