Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry responds to rumours circulating on social media
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence has issued a clarification on social media claims that a process of recording all telephone conversations, and storing and tracking data related to WhatsApp and Facebook accounts is currently underway.
Issuing a statement, the Defence Ministry said that it does not record such telephone conversations, store phone calls or monitor WhatsApp and Facebook accounts, and that such reports circulating on social media are completely false.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023