Statements to be recorded from inmates held at Welikada Prison riot
Posted in Local News
The Criminal Investigations Department has taken measures to record statements from all the inmates who were held at the Welikada Prison during the recent riots that took place at the prison.
The police notes that statements have been recorded from several inmates.
Statements are to be recorded from 360 inmates at the Welikada Prison.
Meanwhile, the Secretary to the Ministry of Prisons and Rehabilitation G.S.Withanage notes that the investigation report into the incident is yet to be received.
Courtesy: News First
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023