Statements to be recorded from inmates held at Welikada Prison riot
The Criminal Investigations Department has taken measures to record statements from all the inmates who were held at the Welikada Prison during the recent riots that took place at the prison.
The police notes that statements have been recorded from several inmates.
Statements are to be recorded from 360 inmates at the Welikada Prison.
Meanwhile, the Secretary to the Ministry of Prisons and Rehabilitation G.S.Withanage notes that the investigation report into the incident is yet to be received.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023