STF raids illegal armory in Katana
The Police Special Task Force has seized a cache of weapons and ammunition from an illegally maintained arms storage in Miriswatte, Katana.
Reportedly, 08 weapons and 1,171 rounds of live ammunition were among the recovered items.
Police Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said a 60-year-old has been arrested over the cache of weapons this morning and has been produced before the Katana Police.
Further investigations into the matter are currently underway.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023