Suitable persons should appointed to local government institutions, says Weerawansa
Suitable persons should be appointed to local government institutions, says Wimal Weerawansa, Minister of Construction, Engineering Services, Housing and Common Amenities.
He made this statement while addressing a public meeting in Arawwala, Pannipitiya yesterday.
“Since the value of the country that was liberated by war heroes is very high, because our love for the country is great and because we’re duty bound by blood to take this country forward, it is both our duty and responsibility to appoint a group of public representatives who believe in this responsibility to these local government institutions. But if you carelessly appoint anyone who comes along, without carefully considering them, there is no point complaining and making accusations when they steal public money,” said Minister Weerawansa.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023