Supreme Court rejects petitions against gazette on cremation of COVID-19 victims
The Supreme Court today rejected the examining of 12 Fundamental Rights petitions filed challenging the gazette notification issued on cremation of COVID-19 victims.
The petitions were heard before a three-judge bench comprising Chief Justice Jayantha Jayasuriya, and Justices Murdu Fernando and Preethi Padman Surasena yesterday (30) and today (01).
All Ceylon Makkal Viduthalai (ACMC) Leader and MP Rishard Bathiudeen, former MPs Seyed Ameer Ali, Abdullah Mohamed Mahroof, ans Hussein Ahamed Bhaila, former SLMC MP Ali Zahir Moulana and Oshala Herath were among the Petitioners.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023