Susil reveals country’s next Premier
Newly appointed national organizer of the SLFP Susil Premajayantha who assumed duties in his post today said the SLFP will not remain in the Opposition following the forthcoming General Election.
“SLFP’s intention is to emerge victorious in the upcoming election and appoint a new Prime Minister. By now SLFP is the most powerful political party because there are former Presidents as advisors of the party and President Maithripala Sirisena as the Chiarman. Furthermore, the SLFP has 127 seats in Parliament by now as well. Therefore, SLFP will grab more seats in the Parliament and appoint Nimal Siripala as the Prime Minister” he said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023