Container truck with alleged substandard coconut oil seized in Dambulla
A container truck has been seized from Dambulla on Thursday night (April 01) on suspicion of carrying a consignment of coconut oil containing carcinogens.
The vehicle in question was taken into custody by a team of officers of Dambulla Police, acting on a tip-off received by the Mayor of Dambulla Jaliya Opatha.
The container truck was seized while it was parked at a private warehouse near the Dambulla Dedicated Economic Centre.
Samples of the stock is to be tested to verify if it contains any substance unfit for human consumption.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023