Welikanda Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman removed
Posted in Local News
The Chairman of the Welikanda Pradeshiya Sabha of the Polonnaruwa District Priyantha Kavindu Abeysuriya has been removed from his post with immediate effect.
He has been removed through an Extraordinary Gazette notification issued by North Central Province Governor Maheepala Herath.
The gazette states that the Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman committed several wrongdoings in violation of the Pradeshiya Sabha Act, and was found guilty of the charges against him.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023