Suspension of GSP concession to Sri Lanka still in effect, says U.S.
The U. S. says that the suspension of the GSP concession to Sri Lanka is still in effect.
The BBC World Service reported that the American Embassy in Sri Lanka has issue a communique rejecting media reports published by several media that the U.S. has decided to restore the withdrawn GSP facility.
The American Embassy also said that the Congress is yet to vote on reinstating the GSP facility.
The GSP facility which was given to Sri Lanka has been temporarily suspended since January 2011.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023