– by Shenali D Waduge –
It was to liberate the people and give them ‘freedom’ that Saddam, Milosovic, Gaddafi and countless other leaders were deposed and annihilated. The ethnic groups that line up to ask those that deposed these supposed ‘dictators’ to do the same in their countries and to ‘liberate’ them have to now wonder what liberation the people of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Kosovo, Haiti, Sudan are actually enjoying. It is only in placing how life was under these ‘dictators’ and how life is now after ‘liberation’ will the world realize the charade and they then should next wonder exactly who the handful of people pulling the strings to create these scenarios for military intervention, UN sanctioned occupation and eventual plunder of nations are.
Liberation for Iraqis’ as offered by the West/UN has been to be
- routinely arresting Iraqi’s who show dislike to their Western occupiers. In other words no ‘anti-coalition statements’ are allowed in liberated Iraq anyone does so risks being arrested or simply being gunned down and killed and media are banned from reporting such protests. The US/Allies deposed a ‘dictator’ are quite happy to impose their ‘puppet’ under whose Iraqi Government has criminalized criticism even ridiculing the Government or its officials. One day when coalition forces are no longer in Iraq or decades after the media will come out with their stories but it will be too late. One of the world’s oldest civilizations has been ruined by the US/Allies and the UN.
- kidnapped and thrown into dungeons for the simple reason of not possessing their papers, Iraqi homes are routinely raided and military age men are arrested. This must be the freedom the Iraqi’s craved for?
- Iraqi’s were ordered turn in their guns or face arrest after the US invasion and occupation.
- Instant extra-judicial punishment comes in the form of being crushed by US tanks even for petty punishments like stealing firewood.
- Dr. John Pace the UN Anti-Torture export dropped a bomb-shell when he said that the torture in Iraq outstripped those under Saddam quoting that there were a 1000 detainees a month being tortured.
- A single Allied army casualty equates to ‘collective punishment’ when foreign forces will at least 10men from one village as response. Videos are available of US military personnel driving down Iraq highways assassinating people and flying off in laughter. There are also videos of troops bemoaning that they are unable to shoot children who throw rocks. These are excellent examples for countries with ethnic minorities who are pleading for foreign troops to land and liberate them – Eelam lobbyists should ponder about the devil they are proposing to invite.
- Freedom of Press/Media aka US/Allies/UN style is to ensure that all Arab networks obediently tow the line or face being raided and shut down. Even editors have been gunned down even foreign reporters – British ITV reporter Terry Lloyd was shot in the head by US troops. Mazen Dana, Reuters cameramen was shot dead after uncovering evidence of US mass graves. Iraqi journalists have been kidnapped by criminal gangs or detained by American military.
- Democracy aka US/Allies/UN style was in ensuring local elections had US handpicked mayors and administrators – coincidentally they were all from Saddam’s Baath Party!
- For ethnic minorities eager to go begging to US/Allies/UN for ‘intervention’ they may like to note that Iraqi’s are constantly subject to snap announcement of curfews and ordered to remain indoors.
This is how liberated Iraq is and life for Iraqi’s under the ‘democratic rulers’ both foreign and their local stooges chosen to act on their behalf. This is how life will be for all ethnic minorities considering taking their supposed grievances to the West for solutions – their solutions are what the Iraqi’s are today suffering.
Tamil Eelam carved out by the West is likely to provide the same scenario for Tamils and greater insecurity for the entire populace of Sri Lanka, India and the sub-region as well.
The Backdrop to US invasion and occupation of Iraq 2003 to date
- Saddam was tricked into invading Kuwait in 1990 by George Bush ‘We won’t interfere. We apologise for anything the nasty journalists have written about you, we prefer you to those fanatic Iranians.’ (reference: U.S. Ambassador April Glaspie’s conversation with Saddam 8 days before invasion)
- US soldiers died for George Bush Snr lies – Gulf War 1 – The lies of the Bush administration the Conglomerates that lobby for wars ended up with needless deaths of 760 servicemen while 8013 have died since 1990 due to injuries sustained and over 160,000 remain disabled.
The Lies of Gulf War 1
- Iraq threatening to invade Saudi Arabia citing top secret satellite images Pentagon officials estimated in mid–September that up to 250,000 Iraqi troops and 1,500 tanks stood on the border (there was no such troop presence near Saudi border). Gen Colin Powell had to admit that “There was a great disinformation campaign surrounding this war.”
- False testimony to Congress – the tearful testimony of a 15-year-old Kuwaiti girl, known only as Nayirah who described how she had seen Iraqi troops storm her hospital, steal the incubators, and leave 312 babies “on the cold floor to die.” Seven US Senators later referred to the story during debate; the motion for war passed by just five votes. In the weeks after Nayirah spoke, President Bush senior invoked the incident five times, saying that such “ghastly atrocities” were like “Hitler revisited.” Nayirah was actually the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to Washington and had no connection to the Kuwait hospital. She had been coached — along with the handful of others who would “corroborate” the story — by senior executives of Hill and Knowlton in Washington, which had a contract worth more than $10 million with the Kuwaitis to make the case for war.
- Overestimating Iraqi troops – House Armed Services Committee issued a report on lessons learned from the Persian Gulf War and concluded that US faced only 183,000 Iraqi troops, less than half the Pentagon estimate.
- CIA forged documents sent to UN Security Council – scientist Khidhir Hamza had described a bogus story planted by the CIA in the Sunday Times on 2 April 1995 that Hamza had confirmed a secret Iraqi weapon programme, and claimed that he had been kidnapped in Greece and probably assassinated. The CIA had planted the story and documents in order to smoke him out, and it worked. Hamza contacted the US Embassy in Budapest was brought to the US. , Madeline Albright quoted the CIA-forged documents at the UN Security Council in order to prevent any relaxation of the regime of sanctions on Iraq.
- When the Persian Gulf War ended in 1991 the U.N. imposed sanctions on Iraq – the sanctions were meant to create an internal coup to depose Saddam. That did not happen. Sanctions are imposed in general to bring about internal coups.
The Lies and build up to 2003 invasion of Iraq
- Claims that a terrorist cell was planning a lethal ricin attack in Britain were used by the British and American governments. Gen. Powell spoke of a “sinister nexus between Iraq and the al-Qaida terrorist network”. Blair to British Commons – “Iraq is not the only country posing a risk in respect of WMD. Over the past few weeks, we have seen powerful evidence of the continuing terrorist threat: the suspected ricin plot in London and Manchester …”
- GEORGE Bush’s former treasury secretary Paul O’Neill has revealed that the President took office in January 2001 fully intending to invade Iraq and desperate to find an excuse for pre-emptive war against Saddam Hussein.
- A Think Tank – Project for the New American Century, run by vice-president Dick Cheney; defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld; Paul Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld’s deputy; Bush’s younger brother Jeb, the governor of Florida; and Lewis Libby, Cheney’s deputy – wrote a blueprint for regime change as early as September 2000. President Bill Clinton’s 1998 signing of the Iraq Liberation Act, which partially endorsed the neoconservative agenda. The act established regime change as official U.S. policy and provided funds for opposition groups and propaganda operations, but did not call for direct U.S. military action.
- “The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program … Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons.” —President Bush, Oct. 7, 2002, in Cincinnati. – A LIE,
- “The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.” — President Bush, Jan.28, 2003, in the State of the Union address. – A LIE, based on CIA forged documents – the document carried the signature of an official who had been out of office for 10 years and referenced a constitution that was no longer in effect.
- “We believe [Saddam] has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons.” — Vice President Cheney on March 16, 2003 – A LIE, CIA reports up through 2002 showed no evidence of an Iraqi nuclear weapons program.
- “[The CIA possesses] solid reporting of senior-level contacts between Iraq and al-Qaeda going back a decade.” — CIA Director George Tenet in a written statement released Oct. 7, 2002 – A LIE, there was no such links
- “We’ve learned that Iraq has trained al-Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases … Alliance with terrorists could allow the Iraqi regime to attack America without leaving any fingerprints.” — President Bush, Oct. 7 .- A LIE, Gen. Powell told UN of training camps in Northern Iraq which to his embarrassment was area outside Iraq control and patrolled by Allied war planes
- “We have also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We are concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVs [unmanned aerial vehicles] for missions targeting the United States.” —President Bush, Oct. 7 – A LIE, the drones can’t fly more than 300 miles, and Iraq is 6,000 miles from the U.S. coastline.
- “We have seen intelligence over many months that they have chemical and biological weapons, and that they have dispersed them and that they’re weaponized and that, in one case at least, the command and control arrangements have been established.” — President Bush, Feb. 8, 2003 – A LIE, no traces of WMD whatsoever
- “Our conservative estimate is that Iraq today has a stockpile of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical weapons agent. That is enough to fill 16,000 battlefield rockets.” —Secretary of State Colin Powell, Feb. 5 2003, – A LIE, not one drop of this massive stockpile has been found
- “We know where [Iraq’s WMD] are. They’re in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south, and north somewhat.” — Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, March 30, 2003 – A LIE, no such weapons were found in any part of Iraq
- “Yes, we found a biological laboratory in Iraq which the UN prohibited.” —President Bush in remarks in Poland, published internationally June 1, 2003. – A LIE, reference to discovery of two modified truck trailers that the CIA claimed were potential mobile biological weapons lab – much to Prime Minister Tony Blair’s embarrassment, the trailers are actually exactly what Iraq said they were; facilities to fill weather balloons, sold to them by the British themselves.
The Lies by US Government, the neocons that spur US Governments/Officials to invade and occupy nations has cost the ordinary American people much – now the American taxpayers are on the streets barely able to survive and even eat and the US Government has been quick to come up with laws that curtail Americans who are beginning to realize the lies from opposing the traitors in Government.
About $1trillion of US taxpayers funds have been spent through 2011.
$9billion US taxpayers money and $549.7m in spare parts have been shipped in 2004 to US contractors as well as 190,000 guns, 110,000 AK 47 rifles.
$6.6billion of US tax payers money has been lost or reported stolen
$1.4billion overcharges by Halliburton classified by Pentagon as unreasonable and unsupported
$20billion paid to KBR, a Halliburton division to supply US military in Iraq with food, fuel, housing etc $3.2billion of this is questionable.
2007 US Congressional Hearings highlight $10billion mismanaged and wasted in Iraq
$20.2billion cost of airconditioning annually for US in Iraq and Afghanistan
$7.3billion as of Oct 2009 US monthly spending in Iraq
Cost of deploying 1 US soldier for 1 year in Iraq – $390,000
4487 US troops died, 32,223 were wounded with 20% suffering serious brain and spinal injuries.
30% of US troops suffer mental health problems within 3 to 4 months of returning home
There are more than 180,000 private contractors in Iraq supporting the US
14 journalists have been killed by US forces
A secret US Government tally puts Iraqi civilian deaths as over 100,000 as of October 2010 – question on all our minds is what the UN has done about this in view of the false invasion and occupation of Iraq.
Liberated Iraq has left
- 2,255,000 Iraqi’s displaced inside Iraq as of May 2007
- 2.1million to 2.25m Iraqi refugees are living in Syria and Jordan
- Iraqi unemployment is 60%
- Consumer price inflation is 2006 was 50%
- 28% Iraqi children suffer from chronic malnutrition
- 40% of professionals have left Iraq since 2003 (there were 34,000 Iraqi physicians before 2003 invasion)
- 2000 Iraqi physicians have been murdered since 2003
- People in Iraq enjoy only 1 to 2 hours of electricity daily
- 70% Iraqis have no access to water supplies (infrastructure was purposely destroyed by US/NATO bombing)
- Now 82% Iraqi’s oppose presence of coalition troops
- Less than 1% say coalition forces have improved security
- 72% Iraqi’s say they have no confidence in the multinational forces
Source: Brookings Institute
In Sri Lanka’s case we are well aware of these lies that are being built up with the connivance of UN officials to give the flavor of officialdom. In Iraq’s case expatriate Chalabi contrived to bring about the downfall of Iraq – there are many Tamil expats and even Sinhalese conniving to do the same in Sri Lanka on a bogus list of issues being built up no different to the lies that resulted in the invasion and occupation of Iraq. 10 years on the sufferings of Iraqi’s are significant for it is the same suffering that people who invite these devils are likely to experience.
The ordinary Iraqi’s were not aware of any of the deals taking place. It is no different to how the ordinary Tamils are clueless of the dynamics at play by those who do not live in Sri Lanka attempting to divide the nation in cohorts with the same countries who care nothing about ethnic groups or their rights but simply want to get a foothold in strategically important nations for their own geopolitical agendas.
In taking the suffering of the Iraqi’s into account both Tamils and Sinhalese need to seriously wonder exactly what they are walking into by going behind the same groups of people who have offered nothing but suffering and death to Iraqi’s on a daily basis.
If Iraqi’s are not enjoying liberation 10 years after invasion and occupation do Tamils think that the West is going to be Santa Claus and hand over Eelam and not want their pound of flesh in return? Have Tamils asking for Eelam ever thought what the West wants in return for giving Eelam? When Eelam is being promoted rigorously by the Church should Tamil Hindus not wonder where they would end up? With the likely Balkanization of India on track can India seriously counter the power the West now wields through their foreign government agencies and the Church?