Technical Advisory Committee to develop cricket in Sri Lanka
Posted in Sports News
Minister of Sports Namal Rajapaksa has appointed a Technical Advisory Committee for the development of cricket in Sri Lanka.
Aravinda de Silva was appointed as Chairperson, while committee members include Roshan Mahanama, Kumar Sangakkara and Muttiah Muralitharan.
They are tasked with advising the Sports Minister, ministerial officials and the National Sports Council on all matters pertaining to the sport.
According to reports, the committee will work closely with Sri Lanka Cricket to elevate the standard of cricket locally and internationally.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023