Thajudeen murder: Anura Senanayake served indictment
The Colombo High Court has served indictments on the former DIG Anura Senanayake for allegedly fabricating and concealing evidence on the murder of Sri Lankan rugby player Waseem Thajudeen.
Subsequently, the High Court Judge Vikum Kaluarachchi released the accused on a cash bail of Rs. 1 million and two sureties of Rs. 2 million each. The Court also directed to fingerprint the accused.
A travel ban was also imposed against the accused.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023