Those who voted the present administration also responsible for system failure: Sajith
The 6.9 million people who voted the present administration into power is also responsible for the failure of systems in the country in addition to those in the government itself, Leader of Opposition Sajith Premadasa said yesterday.
Mr. Premadasa who was speaking during the mobile service in Tissamaharama, said “The 6.9 million people voted this government into power in order to put country’s systems in place.“however the systems have fallen today,” he said.
“The people today have been forced to consume New Year delicacies made out of contaminated edible oil which carries a high risk of cancer. This is because contaminated edible coconut oil which was imported recently have already reached the market. Health authorities and the Department of Customs are responsible for it,” he said.
“There is a connection between the sugar scam and the importation of contaminated oil,“Mr. Premadasa also said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Deshabandu Tennakoon appointed as Inspector General of Police (IGP) of Sri Lanka February 26, 2024
- United Petroleum enters Sri Lanka’s fuel market, secures supply contract February 26, 2024
- Sri Lankan opposition parties sign no-confidence motion against speaker February 26, 2024
- Public Health Inspector (PHI) shot dead in Elpitiya February 26, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s justice minister assures presidential election scheduled for 2024 February 26, 2024