Authorities using myths to silence the public – JVP
JVP former Parliamentarian Nalinda Jayathissa says authorities are using myths to silence the public.
Speaking during a discussion on social media the former MP claimed certain media outlets in the country also prioritise myths over science.
He said media outlets have not given more publicity for scientific findings as it will not help them sway the public towards their political ideologies.
Former JVP MP Nalinda Jayathissa said it is not surprising that the public has been chasing behind syrups to cure COVID-19 since, myths and irrational solutions are on airways on hourly basis.
He said politicians have also been using non-scientific findings to push their agendas among the public.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023