Three died after being buried under a mound of earth
Three persons have died after being buried under a mound of earth in Madawala, Wattegama.
It is reported that workers were digging a base pit for a construction work behind the house when an nearby earth embankment, around 12-feet tall, had suddenly collapsed on four workers burying them underneath.
Three of the five employees in the pit had died while another individual was admitted to the Kandy National Hospital with injuries.
The other individual was rescued unharmed.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024