Three died after being buried under a mound of earth
Three persons have died after being buried under a mound of earth in Madawala, Wattegama.
It is reported that workers were digging a base pit for a construction work behind the house when an nearby earth embankment, around 12-feet tall, had suddenly collapsed on four workers burying them underneath.
Three of the five employees in the pit had died while another individual was admitted to the Kandy National Hospital with injuries.
The other individual was rescued unharmed.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023