Three Tigers indicted for attempt on SF’s life
The Attorney General yesterday indicted in the Colombo High Court three LTTE cadres for the attempted murder of General Sarath Fonseka, in collaboration with LTTE suicide bomber. Altogether 23 charges were filed, including the major charges of attempted murder, and aiding and abetting in the same offence.
The offence was committed between January 1 and April 25, 2006, at the Army Headquarters, Colombo. The General had been followed by the suicide cadre at several places for some time prior to the attack. In the bomb blast General Fonseka suffered severe injuries. Ten army personnel were killed, while twenty eight other persons including army officers were injured.
The accused are Selvarasah Thinabakaran alias Aliar Mohammed Nistar, Shanmuganlingam Sooriyakumaran and Thambiah Prakash.
Around 105 witnesses have been listed to give evidence.
Courtesy: The Island
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023