TNA wants Mannar mass grave findings tested in another lab
Another set of samples from the Mannar mass grave should be sent for carbon dating in another country, Tamil National Alliance (TNA) said.
“This is not to say that we do not accept the reports sent by a lab in Florida, US, but given the importance of the Mannar grave site we need to get a second opinion,” Mullaitivu District MP, Nirmalanathan Sivamohan said.
Nothing had been done when 96 skeletons were found, previously, in a mass grave in Thirukeethiswaran, Mannar, the MP said. Sivamohan said: “The Archeological Department stated that Thirukeethiswaran grave site was an ancient one.
Just like that now the US is saying that the mannar site is also ancient.”
The MP insisted that the lab in Florida had not attempted to identify the victims and further tests to determine the identity of those in the graves should be done.
“A lot of people went missing in Mannar during the war. We need to expand the excavations at the mass grave site. We must do further tests to identify the victims. The TNA insists that the excavations and testing should go on.”
(Source: The Island – By Dinasena Ratugamage)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Where do they want the test to be done?
In Norway or in Tamil Nadu?
Mr. Sleiman you forgot Erithia and all the countries which tables USA accusations to force YP government to cosponsor UN resolution 30/1.
These idiots just keep on stiiring up trouble. They do not want peace they want a piece of SL and will keep on finding any excuse to gain sympathy. What the SL government needs to do is put a stop to this madness once and for all. There was a war started by the LTTE people from all ethnicities died innocent or guilty. Its now over lets move on.
YP Govt ended on 26 Oct 2018 when the Cut-throat King withdrew Blue Party support.
Slow and steady wins the race.
The T Diaspora and their local agents, TNA, are slowly proceeding on the path created by late Uncle Velu.