Train derails in Kantale injuring 16 people including two guards
Posted in Local News
At least 16 persons including the chief and assistant guards were injured and admitted to the Kantale Hospital after a train derailed in the area.
Accordingly, the train plying to Trincomalee from Colombo Fort Railway Station had derailed near the Agbopura sub-station between Gal Oya and Kantale Railway Stations this afternoon (April 07).
A parcel compartment and another compartment had derailed while the brake van had toppled.
Nine women, five men and two boys were injured in the accident and were admitted to the Kantale Hospital.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023