Train derails in Kantale injuring 16 people including two guards
At least 16 persons including the chief and assistant guards were injured and admitted to the Kantale Hospital after a train derailed in the area.
Accordingly, the train plying to Trincomalee from Colombo Fort Railway Station had derailed near the Agbopura sub-station between Gal Oya and Kantale Railway Stations this afternoon (April 07).
A parcel compartment and another compartment had derailed while the brake van had toppled.
Nine women, five men and two boys were injured in the accident and were admitted to the Kantale Hospital.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023