Train kills four baby elephants in Chettikulam
Posted in Local News
Four baby elephants were killed when the Colombo bound Thaleimannar Express train crashed into them near Karadikulam, Chettikulam last night, the Railway Control Room said.
The four elephants were killed at 11.00 pm last night, the control room said.
Neither the train nor the tracks were damaged in the incident. However, the train was slightly delayed as it was halted until the four elephants were removed from the track.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023