Train services limited due to railway strike
Posted in Local News
The train services will be limited today (March 18) as the Locomotive Engine Operators’ Union launched a 24-hour token strike last midnight (March 17).
The union action was launched over several allegations including disciplinary action being taken in an unjust manner.
Discussions held with authorities till last night have reportedly failed.
However, steps have been taken to operate several office trains using other officials, the Railway Department stated.
UPDATE: The 24-hour token strike launched by the Locomotive Engine Operators’ Union and railway guards’ unions has been called off this afternoon (March 18) after a discussion held with Minister of Transport Gamini Lokuge.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023