Travel ban on X-Press Pearl Captain, Chief Engineer & Second Chief Engineer
The Colombo Additional Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday (01) issued an order preventing the Captain, Chief Engineer, and the Second Chief Engineer of MV X-Press Pearl ship from leaving the country.
Police Media Spokesperson DIG Ajith Rohana stated that a statement was recorded from the Captain of the distressed vessel MV X-Press Pearl for 14 hours regarding the incident.
The Criminal Investigation Department recorded statements from the Captain, Chief Engineer and Deputy Chief Engineer of the fire engulfed MV X-Press Pearl after visiting them at the Wellawatte hotel where they are being quarantined.
Subsequently, the extracts of the statements will be forwarded to the Attorney General for further instructions.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Can the Capt and the Second Engineer be detained under PTA for 90 days and kept in the same cells as the Muslim Lawyers and Politicians?
What happened with chief officer? He is the responsible of the cargo.