Two dead in bowser truck-lorry collision on Southern Expressway
Two persons were killed and another injured following a collision between a truck and a bowser between Kapuduwa and Palatuwa area on the Southern Expressway this morning (December 22).
A browser traveling towards Mattala from Kottawa had collided with a carelessly parked lorry traveling in the same direction.
A 72 year old resident of Kadawatha who was in the truck has died on the spot.
Meanwhile, the 61-year-old driver of the bowser truck also died on admission to the Matara Hospital. He was identified as a resident of Gonawala area.
The assistant of the Bowser vehicle is currently receiving treatment at the Matara Hospital with critical injuries, police said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023