Dullas regrets mocking Mangala’s fuel price formula
Cabinet spokesperson Dullas Alahapperuma said although they initially mocked the late Finance Minister Mangala Samaraweera’s fuel pricing formula, when they were in the Opposition, he now believes a price formula of that nature could be useful to overcome ramifications and public outcry on abrupt price increases.
He claimed that even the current Energy Minister was contemplating on reintroducing the said formula.
“When the late Finance Minister introduced the fuel price formula, we were in the act of ridiculing it, while sitting in the Opposition, at the time. However, I now feel there should be a realistic mechanism to control the fuel prices,” he stressed.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Thameenah Razeek)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023