UK Buddhists protest against arson attacks on Buddhist temples and villagers in Bangladesh
There were many brutal arson attacks on innocent & peaceful Buddhist villages, religious buildings and ancient Buddhist monasteries on 29th October 2012 in Chittagong, Bangladesh. These shocking atrocities are one of many that have been carried out against innocent and peaceful Buddhists and other minorities in recent past.
Bangladesh Buddhist Association- UK and British Sri Lankan Forum strongly condemn these inhuman attacks carried out in the name of a religion. We all, with one voice, would like to request the British Government and all other EU countries to put immediate and appropriate pressure on the Bangladeshi government to prevent future attacks & arrest the culprits.
Place: In front of British Parliament, London SW1A 2TT
(Nearest tube: Westminster- Jubilee, District & Circle Lines)
Date: 11 October 2012 (Thursday) 2.00- 4.00PM
We also request the Bangladesh Government to take the following actions immediately:
- Conduct a neutral and thorough investigation of the incident and put those responsible on trial
- Provide full compensation for the physical, mental and property damage of the villagers as a result of the brutal arson attack, including rebuilding houses and Buddhist monasteries
- Ensure guaranteed protection against future attacks on Buddhists and other minorities in the country
- Provide a transparent and public account of the persons or groups that were the master minds behind this atrocity
- Promote religious tolerance in Bangladeshi society and include strategies for developing mutual respect in thecountry’s education system
Respect other religions & faiths. This world is for all of us!
All Peace loving people are welcome!
Organised by: Bangladesh Buddhist Association- UK &
British Sri Lankan Forum
For more info: Ven. Nagasena Bhante- 07951382407
Janaka Alahapperuma- 07885973128
Sujan Barua- 07921040893
Paban Barua- 07908207915
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023