Unidentified dead body found on the beach in Dikkowita with limbs tied
The body of an unidentified man was found on the beach towards the northern end of the Dikkowita Fisheries Harbour in Wattala on Friday (August 05), said Sri Lanka Police.
Detectives said deceased is believed to be between 35 to 40 years of age, and was wearing a Blue t-shirt, and a black short, with a silver ring in one of the fingers, the body was found inside two fertiliser bags, one covering the torso and the other covering the lower part of the body and both hands and legs were tied up.
The body was moved to the Ragama Hospital Morgue.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023