UNP Working Committee appoints new office bearers
Posted in Local News
The Working Committee of the United National Party (UNP) has approved the appointments of Akila Viraj Kariyawasam, Palitha Range Bandara, Wajira Abeywardena and A.S.M. Misbah as new office bearers.
Accordingly, former Minister Akila Viraj Kariyawasam has been appointed as the UNP Assistant Leader while former Minister Wajira Abeywardena has been appointed as the Chairman of the party.
The UNP announced that Palitha Range Bandara has been appointed as the UNP General Secretary while ASM Misbah has been appointed as the party Treasurer.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023