UNP Working Committee appoints new office bearers
The Working Committee of the United National Party (UNP) has approved the appointments of Akila Viraj Kariyawasam, Palitha Range Bandara, Wajira Abeywardena and A.S.M. Misbah as new office bearers.
Accordingly, former Minister Akila Viraj Kariyawasam has been appointed as the UNP Assistant Leader while former Minister Wajira Abeywardena has been appointed as the Chairman of the party.
The UNP announced that Palitha Range Bandara has been appointed as the UNP General Secretary while ASM Misbah has been appointed as the party Treasurer.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023