US$ 200 million from the Government of Pakistan
The Government of Pakistan has agreed to extend an Export Credit Facility of US$ 200 million through the State Bank of Pakistan. This was agreed during the visit of Pakistani President to Sri Lanka in November 2010.
An amount of US$ 150 million of this credit, is to be utilized for the construction of Housing Units for Shanty Dwellers in Colombo and suburbs and the balance US$ 50 million for the importation of livestock, plant and machinery from Pakistan.
The Loan agreement will be signed with the Government of Pakistan, during current State visit of Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa to Pakistan.
President Mahinda Rajapaksa left for Islamabad Friday morning on a two day State visit accompanied by several ministers and officials.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023