US calls for prosecution of Mosque attackers
Posted in Local News
The United States Embassy in Sri Lanka, in a media statement, called on the government to prosecute the perpetrators of the attack on a mosque in Grandpass on Saturday (10).
“This incident is particularly troubling in light of a number of recent attacks against the Muslim community in Sri Lanka,” the statement noted.“Targeting any place of worship should never be permitted and we urge calm from all sides. We call for the prosecution of the perpetrators in this attack, and an end to religious-based violence. The right of all Sri Lankans to practice the religion of their choice should be protected,” the statement added.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
The culprits are well known.
Sinhala Buddhist Racists.