US move against Sri Lanka an undue meddling in country’s sovereignty – Rev Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith
Rev. Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith of Colombo says that presenting of a resolution against Sri Lanka by the United States Government at the United Nations Human Right Council (UNHRC) session in Geneva is an undue meddling in the sovereignty and integrity of Sri Lanka
Rev Fr Cyril Gamini Fernando, Chairman, Current Affairs Committee of Archdiocese of Colombo issuing a statement said that the US move with the support of certain western countries is also an insult to the intelligence of the people of Sri Lanka.
The statement further reads:
His Eminence Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith is of the view that the authoritative reply which we can give to this unwarranted interference is to immediately implement the recommendations of the Lesson Learnt Reconciliation Commission report, which are based on the evidence and submission of the people of our own country.
His Eminence the Cardinal, requests the government to take immediate action to do that, while requesting all Sri Lankan to unite together in this matter leaving behind all differences of race or religion.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023