Vaiko to lead protest against Gotabaya’s visit
MDMK general secretary Vaiko on Saturday said he will lead a demonstration in New Delhi on November 28 against Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa’s visit to the country, the Hindu reported.
In a statement, he alleged that Mr. Gotabaya Rajapaksa was, in his capacity as Defence Minister in then President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s Cabinet, responsible for the “ruthless killing of Tamils” during the Sri Lankan civil war.
“He has become the President and handed the Prime Minister’s post to Mr. Mahinda Rajapaksa. He has ordered patrolling by the Army in Tamil areas,” Mr. Vaiko said.
First official visit
Failing to take into account the sentiments of eight crore Tamils, the BJP government at the Centre had invited Mr. Gotabaya Rajapaksa to India, in what will be his first official visit to a foreign country after coming to power, the MDMK leader noted.
(Source: The Hindu)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Wow, looking at this joker’s happy expression and his hand gesture, whether I am going to be playing cricket or not, I will assure I will be wearing abdominal guard (aka “ball guard”) if I have the misfortune of going near him.
Fxxx Off loser 🙂 : )