Variant currently spreading in Sri Lanka confirmed to be UK variant
Posted in Local News
The COVID-19 variant currently spreading in the country has been confirmed to be the variant spreading in the UK, which is B.1.1.7, Director of the Department of Immunology and Molecular Medicine of Sri Jayewardenepura University Dr. Chandima Jeewandara said.
He said B.1.1.7 variant specific to UK had been detected from the samples obtained from Colombo, Boralesgamuwa and Kurunegala areas.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023