Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested
Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana thera has been arrested by the police in the Anuradhapura area.
The Buddhist monk was reportedly arrested following a complaint by Ven. Pahiyangala Ananda Sagara thera regarding the statements made by Ven. Saddharathana thera, which is harmful to religious harmony.
Rajangane Saddharathana thera is to be produced before court today (May 29).
UPDATE – 03:20 PM: Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera who was arrested over his remarks that could disrupt religious harmony has been remanded until June 7, 2023 by the Fort magistrate a short while ago.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023