Verdict on Makandure Madush’s extradition today
The verdict on whether underworld gang leader Makandure Madush who was arrested in Dubai will be repatriated to the country or not is to be announced today.
The deliberation will be reached taking into consideration an appeal filed by Makandure Madush calling for an order to prevent of his extradition to Sri Lanka.
31 individuals including singer Amal Perera, his son Nadeemal Perera, actor Ryan Van rooyan as well as drug smuggler Kanjipani Imran who were at the party organized by Makandure Madush were arrested by the Dubai police on the 5th of February.
Out of which 30 have been deported to the island.
Accordingly only Madush remains in the custody of the Dubai Police at present.
UPDATE: A Dubai court has postponed till May 9 its decision on Makandure Madush’s appeal against his deportation to Sri Lanka.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023