Vijayakala Maheswaran released from case over controversial statement
Former Parliamentarian Vijayakala Maheswaran was released by the Colombo Chief Magistrate’s court from a case relating to a controversial statement she had made in 2018.
The relevant complaint was taken up for hearing before the Colombo Chief Magistrate Prasanna Alwis this morning (October 19).
Accordingly, Colombo Chief Magistrate Prasanna Alwis ordered the release of the former Parliamentarian while taking into account the Attorney General’s advice not to proceed with the case due to insufficient evidence.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023