Vijitha Herath appointed new Litro Gas chairman
The Chairman of Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation, Engineer Vijitha Herath has been appointed as the Chairman of LITRO Gas Lanka Limited.
Mr. Herath has previously served as the chairman of Ceylon Electricity Board from 2019 to 2021.
This was following the resignation of the former Chairman of Litro Gas, Theshara Herath.
He stated that he intends to resolve the existing gas shortage issue to some extent within the next month and restore it the following month.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023