Wanindu Hasaranga announces retirement from International Test Cricket
Sri Lanka’s Wanindu Hasaranga, one of the finest wrist spinners in the world, has announced his retirement from international Test cricket.
In a letter reportedly addressed to Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC), Hasaranga cited his desire to focus on limited overs cricket and contribute his best to the national team.
Hasaranga is also part of a number of T20 franchises across the world and with the rapid growth of franchise cricket – the Sri Lankan spinner has decided to retire from Test cricket. He has taken this decision to prolong his limited overs career.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023