Wasantha Senanayake removed from UNP
UNP has decided to remove State Minister Wasantha Senanayake from the party, Party General Secretary Akila Viraj Kariyawasam said today.
UNP General Secretary stated that the UNP decided to strip party membership from Senanayake immediately and later remove him from his ministerial portfolio.
State Minister Senanayake had earlier announced that he will not support the presidential candidate of the party, Sajith Premadasa.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023