We have no link with regressive forces – Lal Kantha
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa is a regressive character, and we have no link with regressive forces like the Samagi Jana Balawegaya and Frontline Socialist Party organized protests, JVP Political Bureau Member K. D. Lal Kantha said.
“Therefore, the National People’s Power (NPP) is not prepared to carry out any struggle in collaboration with such characters,” he noted. He said all the politically helpless individuals are currently flocking around Premadasa.
“Our people’s struggle is based on three slogans namely ‘thieves go home’, ‘thieves go to jail’ and ‘take over what they stole’. There are many thieves who have joined with Premadasa’s alliance.
The NPP has no deals with the thieves to protect them.
Our only intention is to defeat them,” Lal Kantha said. Commenting on dealing with the breakaway faction of the Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna (JVP), Frontline Socialist Party, he said “We have already expelled the regressive faction of our party. Therefore, we have no deal with FSP.”
“We never had harmony between the two factions SJB and FSP and also it will never happen,” he further said.
(Source: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023