We must find our own solution through dialogue: Douglas
The pressure exerted by the US sponsored resolution adopted at the UNHRC in Geneva would not be of assistance for a political solution to the Tamil issue, EPDP Secretary General Douglas Devananda said.
In a statement issued on the US resolution on Sri Lanka he said that instead of a UNHRC resolution the assistance by the outside world in resolving the ethnic problem in the country could only serve as that of a midwife.
He added that it is only through dialogue among all political parties representing Sinhalese, Tamil and Muslim communities that a solution could be found and the rights of the people could be protected.
The EPDP is embarked on a conciliatory dialogue with the Government for a political solution to the Tamil people and the upliftment of Tamil people’s livelihood, he said.
The resolutions whatsoever adopted abroad would not bring emancipation to our people and nobody would offer our people their political rights on a platter, rather we ourselves have to seek the means to resolve our people’s problems, he stated. (Courtesy: DM Online)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
First of all your party is called EELAM peoples democratic party, so before you get involved in any type of dialogue, first change the name of your party. Tell all your members to put down their arms. We have a Police and Army to maintain law and order in Jaffna district.
douglas you r right.
welldone jayraj,Srilanka should forbiden everything with tamil EELAM…