Weliweriya factory closed again
Posted in Local News
The Weliweriya factory, which resumed work yesterday after a controversial water contamination issue had to be closed down again due to objection by the villagers.
The decision was taken following a discussion with the villagers, police and the factory authorities this morning.
The villagers surrounded the factory preventing its workers from leaving the factory yesterday and allowed them to leave the factory today after the decision to close the factory.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
i thought that there was a presidential decree about the Hayli operations ……but then M is a hypocrite, hypocrite in such that he go beyond the jayawardena’s and the bundaranaiyakes