Wickremanayake’s loyalty to President
UPFA Parliamentarian Vidura Wickremanayake says that he and his father former Prime Minister Ratnasiri Wickremanayake will continue to support the President.
He made the observation during a meeting held in Horana, last afternoon.
Wickremanayake added that his decision to hold the government’s position came due to his supporters’ choice, however he had many requests to join the opposition and support the common candidate.
Wickremanayake went on saying that he admitted to the fact that the party needs some readjustments and changes.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023