Will convert exam-centric education system into a student-centric system – Gotabaya
The student-centric education system will be reintroduced instead of the current examination-centric system, says Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) Presidential Candidate Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
The former Defense Secretary expressed these views addressing a public meeting in Ruwanwella.
The current generation of youth has not developed a skill that is competent as a result of the long-term education system that is exam-centric, he said.
Rajapaksa pointed out that information technology and digital technology is a great opportunity for the country to develop as well as the youth of Sri Lanka to get a good job and earn a decent income.
It is important to train young people on short term courses for employment in such fields as a solution to the employment issue, and cultivate children to be skilled from their infancy under a student-centric education system as training for the future, he pointed out.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023