Will ensure Ranjan is served justice – Sajith
Leader of the Opposition Sajith Premadasa says he is committed to ensuring justice is served to former Parliamentarian Ranjan Ramanayake who is imprisoned on charges of contempt of Court.
Speaking to media after visiting Ramanayake at the Agunukolapelessa Prison, where he is serving his prison sentence, Premadasa said the Samagi Jana Balawegaya will democratically, constitutionally and legally resort to all possible measures to work towards Ramanayake’s release adding that they will fight for justice to be served.
Premadasa said Ranjan Ramanayake has served the people immensely.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023