Worst ever defeat – Dinesh Chandimal
Sri Lanka skipper Dinesh Chandimal who has been playing for Sri Lanka since 2011 said that this is the worst series defeat ever he has been part of.
“We could not even play five full days, so yes, this is the worst defeat ever,” said Chandimal.
Chandimal also apologized to the spectators and all supporters of Sri Lanka cricket for their defeat.
“It was tough for me and the team. It’s just disappointing. If we could get on to the fifth day we could have learned something but (losing) within two and half days we can’t give excuses,” lamented the skipper.
He also said the difference between the Sri Lanka team which whitewashed Australia a year ago and the present team is due to injuries.
“It’s a main concern (injuries). When we played against Australia we had the full squad. We did not have any injuries and everyone did their best. Once we came to this series there were so many injuries,” observed Chandimal.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Well if this trend continuous more worst defeats to come. Forget about injuries. Our batsmen didn’t deliver and they are not consistent. We expected more from Matthews, Upul Tharanga. They never delivered.
I do appreciate your comments, well done.
Cricket, in SL, is no longer a sport but it is a money making machine.
When a SL national player goes to IPL, the guy earns his contract with SL Cricket and IPL. As SL cricket contracts are not as competitive as those in IPL (where they auction the players) why should any cricketer be worried about his contract with Cricket SL? Even if you sore ducks in many successive innings, you will still have a contract with SL Cricket !!
If I were SL Cricket’s selector, I will drop Upul T and Angelo M, straightway. I will pick 2 youngsters who show promise into the team.
Angelo M has been a disaster as the SL Team captain. He should not be there any longer.
Only way to avoid more defeat shoot them one by one and ban playing this stupid, time wasting game all together.
why not captain upul thranaga ask for Ajantha Mendis who bowls leg breaks and of breaks and was selected as the best ODI bowler for year 2014 and this same panel selected him as the only Sri Lankan to be in the world eleven for the year 2014 the very next day he was sent out of the ODI squad