Yapa to solve ministers’ issues
A committee, headed by SLFP General Secretary, Anura Priyadharshana Yapa, has been appointed to look into problems of ministers who are not seen contributing heavily towards the election campaign of the President.
The committee functions under the directive of President Mahinda Rajapaksa and discussions with certain identified ministers have been initiated. The committee has promised to solve all problems with the intervention of the President.
Discussions with local government members too have started in this regard and the main aim of the committee seems to be to get them to support the President at any cost.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023