Yoshitha Rajapaksa assigned to Mahinda’s security detail
Posted in Local News
Lieutenant Yoshitha Rajapaksa, son of former President Mahinda Rajapaksa has been assigned as a security officer of his father’s security team with effect from February 12, Defense Ministry sources said.
It had been previously reported that in the wake of his father’s defeat at the January 8 Presidential Election, Yoshisha Rajapaksa had requested to be allowed to join the security team assigned to the former President.
He is currently on three months leave of absence. However, an investigation has been launched probe into how Yoshitha joined the Navy, on his promotions in response to a complaint made by the Janantha Vimukthi Peramuna (JVP).
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023