Youth dies in record mishap
A 24 year-old Civil Defence Force member was found dead after he attempted to set a new Guinness world record at Wan-Ela in the Kantale area yesterday, the police said. The youth had told his family members in the morning to bury him alive in a trench he had dug earlier in the day.
The family members had been instructed to light a fire on top of the mock grave after burying the youth alive and to open it at 4.00 pm. When the family had dug open the mock grave the youth was found unconscious. He was rushed to the Kantale hospital and found dead upon admission, the Police added.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023