41 bank accounts of Easter attack suspects suspended
Rs. 134 million in 41 bank accounts belonging to the suspects, who are currently held in custody of the Criminal Investigation Department and the Terrorism Investigation Division over their alleged links to Easter Sunday terrorist attacks, have been suspended.
He stated this at a media briefing held at the Media Centre of the Ministry Defence today (24) that the Criminal Investigation Department which is carrying out investigations has found further Rs. 14 million.
The Police Media Spokesman said that at the same time, investigations are underway regarding Rs. 7 billion assets of the suspects.
The Police Media Spokesman added five other suspects have been arrested over ties to the suicide bombers who carried out the Easter Sunday attacks.
The five were arrested by the Horowpathana Police.
One of the suspects has been identified as a Developmental Officer of the Horowpathana Divisional Secretariat.
The five are being detained by the Horowpathana Police for questioning.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023