41 more Omicron cases detected in Sri Lanka
Another 41 cases of Omicron COVID variant have been detected in Sri Lanka.
Head of the Department of Immunology and Molecular Biology at Sri Jayewardenepura University, Dr. Chandima Jeewandara said total cases have increased to 45.
However, he said Sri Lanka had plenty of mitigation measures against the Omicron variant.
Dr. Jeewandara urged people to get their booster shot as early as possible.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023