50 injured in Lunugamwehera bus accident
Posted in Local News
At least 50 passengers were injured when an SLTB and a private bus collided head on at Lunugamwehera on the Hambanthota-Wellawaya Main Road this afternoon, police said.
A private bus that had been en route to Ampara from Matara has collided head-on with an SLTB bus, which had been travelling from Dehiattakandiya to Matara.
They said the injured were admitted to the Lunugamwehera, Debarawewa and Hambantota Hospitals.
The drivers of both vehicles are among the injured.
Lunugamvehera Police is conducting further investigations regarding the incident.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023